We haven't had much of a winter this year so we decided to make a trip up north and do about a dozen things in a 36 hour period.
1. Drive through Algonquin Park - I'm not much of a camper, but John has always wanted to camp with the kids in the park. It was a beautiful drive through about an hour of the park and now I can say I've been there although John will still want to do a camping adventure up there in the future. (Maybe just with the kids)
2. Let the kids skis at Hidden Valley Resort - Jackson loves skiing at different ski hills, and this one was right across the street from our hotel so how could we not let them ski!
3. One night stay at Hidden Valley Resort - Great hotel for under $100 a night! Beds were great, our room got upgraded to a 3rd floor (this hotel only has 3 floors) with an awesome view of the lake and the ski hill.
First day was a little chilly but not chilly enough to keep us from enjoying the view. Then when we woke up, we woke up to some spectacular weather!
4. Little tour around Huntsville - Cute town with an awesome downtown!
5. Detoured to Bracebridge to pick up our almost 14 year old's birthday present... so if you see a little boat around the Bay that looks a little like this, wave!